Coveralls, Gloves, Wipes and Mats
In recent years, we have seen a major increase in the amount of customers in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry. While we don’t distribute the actual ingredients for these products, we have stock many supplies that are necessary for the production of pharmaceutical drugs and nutritional supplements. What we bring to the table are the supplies and expertise necessary to keep your manufacturing area clean and ready for production.
While you may not think that industries – such as pharma and nutraceutical – have much in common, the manufacturing of these items are very similar. The overlap in the supplies that are needed in these clean rooms, range from low-lint wipes that have certificates of analysis (COA) and certificates of compliance (COC) to shoe covers.
With over 30 years working with major pharmaceutical and nutraceutical manufacturers, below are items that all facilities should have:
1) Coveralls and Gowns – The human body creates the most contamination to any manufacturing facility. One way to combat this is with the use of gowning. Not only does gowning help contain contaminates, but also protects the production area from the operators. Types of gowning include coveralls, hair covers, shoe covers, arm sleeves and beard covers. Our SVCL-KG-E are made of Keyguard material, which is an alternative to the more expensive Tyvek. This material won’t allow anything in or out of the suit. If these are too hot for your facility, we have a coverall with a breathable back (SCCKEYCOOL) that will keep employees cool. Finally, if you are looking for just a plain and simple lab coat, check out the Keyguard Lab Coat (SLC0-WE-KG). It is important to keep in mind that you want lab coats and coveralls without pockets. Pockets hold things and sometimes these “things” end up on the floor. No pockets means no unexpected items in your manufacturing area.
2) Low Lint Wipes – In an industry as regulated as the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry, it is important to have spec sheets (COC and COA) on everything that comes in contact and is used in the manufacturing area. Using cotton rags can be fine for one department or one area, but when lint is a factor, you need low lint wipes or virtually lint free wipes. We carry a full line of wipers that have COC and COA documentation for your industry. Here are our rags and wipes for the pharmaceutical industry:
3) Tacky Mats – Before entering any manufacturing floor where cleanliness is a factor, you want to make yourself as clean as possible. By putting a tacky mat on the floor outside of your manufacturing area, you will remove the dirt from your shoes and decrease the risk of contamination by forgetting to put on a shoe cover or having the shoe cover rip. Tacky mats are super sticky floor mats with an adhesive top and non-adhesive back. You step on them before entering a manufacturing area to remove dirt and debris from your shoes. After tacky mats lose their tackiness, just rip off the top layer and another layer underneath is ready to go. Tacky Mats come in a variety of sizes and colors, so please contact us (LINK) to let us know the size and color you are looking for.
4) Gloves – Besides machines, hands are the hardest working items in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products. From operating machinery to moving finished products around, gloves protect everything in the manufacturing area from cross contamination. Vinyl gloves, latex gloves and nitrile gloves are all good options to use and are available in different mils (thickness). The thicker the glove the less chance it has of breaking and exposing the clean room area to your hands. We have gloves available in different sizes, colors, thicknesses and packaging. If your industry is FDA regulated, you will need to make sure your gloves are FDA approved. Our Nitri-Med Gloves (SGD6010) are manufactured with FDA Accepted Materials and will be approved to use as pharmaceutical grade nitrile gloves in your facility.
5) FDA Approved Bags – At the end of your finished product line, you probably have some sort of plastic bag to catch the finished goods. Like everything else in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical lab area, this plastic should be FDA approved as well. Many bags are made from repurposed plastic (basically, old bags that have been ripped apart and put back together). The only way to get a FDA approved bag is by using virgin plastic. We can make bags for you in any size or thickness to fit whatever you need and works for you. Contact us (LINK) and let us know the exact size bag you are looking for and we will provide pricing.
These items are just a few must haves in every lab, clean room area and manufacturing facility when you are making pharmaceutical grade items or nutraceutical items. At Y-pers, our job is to make your job easy. By having leading edge industry experts on hand as well as fantastic quality supplies, Y-pers can help you outfit your entire facility.